Since 1999, United Way of Greenville County Young Philanthropists (YP) has provided community leadership, service and professional networking opportunities for its members (young professionals ages 40 and under). Currently more than 760 members strong, YPs contributed over $968,000 to the community last year through United Way, helping create better lives for Greenville County individuals, families and neighborhoods in need.
YP members are focused on raising the quality of life for all in our community through philanthropy and action. Click below to learn more about YP:
What We Do
- Born Learning Trails: Members assist in installing trails designed to encourage parent/child interaction in everyday settings to promote early childhood education.
- YP Mentor of the Year:
Mentor of the Year Awards
recognize local business professionals who have served as trusted advisors to
United Way Young Philanthropists (YPs), both in business and in life. In turn,
YP members are encouraged to reach up and seek out a mentor if they do not
already have one, or reach back and mentor someone else coming up the career
and life ladder.
- Mentoring In Motion: Mentoring in Motion is a new YP initiative developed to foster mentoring relationships
throughout the year for our YPs and YP20s. We bring together Mentor of the Year honorees and YP members for discussions on finding a mentor, career tips
and advice on life in general.
We are planning three Mentoring in Motion activities for the
remainder of 2013. If you’re
interested in attending one, please contact email@example.com.
- Be A Bunny: Our spring recognition event for members that is combined with a service
project. YPs collect Easter baskets to be donated to children served by United Way partner programs.
- Summer Celebration: Not only do YPs give back
to our community in a big way, but we also know how to have fun! The YP Summer Celebration is a big
summer party held at a fantastic venue every year. We typically have barbecue, a live
band, door prizes and plenty of drinks —of course, all free for our membership
and their special guests. This is
also the place where you can join as a YP member for the first time. For more info on the 2013 celebration,
- A Coat Named Mr. Spot: YPs partnered with local author and poverty education specialist Beth Templeton on this special book for children.
- Board/Committee Involvement: Members are given the opportunity to submit their names to local agencies for consideration for positions on agency boards and committees.
- Event Calendar: Stay up to date with the latest YP and United Way Palmetto Society events.
Interested in joining YP? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.