The Grassroots Leadership Development Program (GLDP) is a five-month interactive leadership training program designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skillsets and resources to be effective leaders in their neighborhoods.
The program was developed in 2010 through Greenville Dreams, a coalition of neighborhood and community leaders organized to improve their communities through leadership development while leveraging available resources. United Way of Greenville County, the City of Greenville and Greenville County Redevelopment Authority collaborated to bring this opportunity to the special emphasis neighborhoods of Greenville County free of charge. Since its inception, over 150 individuals have graduated and are committed to serving in various leadership roles in their neighborhoods and broader community.
What are our goals and what do we hope to achieve?
- To organize and develop community leaders and inspire them to improve their neighborhoods.
- To build collaborations and partnerships with other neighborhoods and key community movers and shakers who know how to get things done at the grassroots level.
- To grow and develop community resources that lead to long-term sustainability and continuous community improvement.
- To educate and inform residents so that they can actively participate in the improvement of their neighborhoods.
- To create innovative programs and activities that inspire and challenge our youth to participate in the growth and development of their neighborhoods.
- To create a network of change agents who understand how to create neighborhood vibrancy by working closely with their neighborhood association.
To apply for the upcoming class, click here. All applications are due by Friday, November 15.