A partnership of United Way and the Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Propel Greenville is a six-week board training and executive leadership program that exposes participants to integral elements of board membership and effective volunteer service, preparing graduates to serve our community in leadership roles.
Participants will learn from the best and brightest in the industry, connect with like-minded professionals and develop valuable leadership skills — leaving the program with the tools needed to effectively serve on a local nonprofit board.
There are six sessions which will each take place on Tuesday afternoons at United Way of Greenville County (105 Edinburgh Court, Greenville, SC 29607):
- Session I: Board Basics (Sept. 12, noon–4:30 p.m.; includes lunch)
- Session II: Fundraising & Marketing (Sept. 19, 1:30–4:30 p.m.)
- Session III: Finance Overview(Sept. 26, 1:30–4:30 p.m.)
- Session IV: Legal Responsibilities (Oct. 3, 1:30–4:30 p.m.)
- Session V: Mock Board Meeting & Agency Fair (Oct. 10, 1:30–4:30 p.m.)
- Session VI: Lessons Learned from Board Members & Graduation (Oct. 17, noon–4:30 p.m.)
Program fee is $600 with partial scholarships available.