I care deeply about my city and the people who call Greater Greenville home. “Leave no one behind” is more than just a phrase or affirmation I reflect on—this organizing principle drives every aspect of my leadership in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) field as a practitioner and is embedded in the ways I show up personally and professionally to do this critical work.
Supporting United Way of Greenville County has always been easy because of this philosophy. Over the past couple of decades, I have supported United Way in a myriad of capacities to do my part to drive positive change:
- Serving as a member of the Board of Directors
- Serving as chair of African American Leadership (AAL)
- Volunteering on numerous occasions for Hands On Greenville Day
- Leading internal employers’ United Way giving campaign
- Chairing United Way’s new campaigns committee
- Supporting the selection process for the AAL Scholarship
- Supporting efforts of the Greenville Racial Equity & Economic Mobility (REEM) Commission, of which United Way is a founding partner
- Contributing personally and through my business to the annual United Way campaign
I am often reminded that any one of us may be just one unexpected expense or event away from needing support from United Way. Give now to help build a brighter future for all in Greenville County.