To all of our volunteers, donors and partners in 2022 — and on behalf of the thousands of families and individuals who have been impacted by your gift — thank you for your generous support. Together, we are changing lives and building a brighter future for all in Greenville County.
We look forward to celebrating your impact at our Stronger United Awards Celebration next year! In the meantime, some of the highlights made possible by your support in 2022 include:
- Helping tens of thousands of individuals through critical funding of 67 local nonprofit partners focused in education, financial stability, and vibrant and equitable community work.
- Filing nearly 9,000 tax returns for Upstate families through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program — a $17.9 million impact!
- Bringing together 2,100 volunteers to serve our community and contribute an estimated impact of $250,000 for the return of Hands On Greenville Day.
- Providing nearly 3,000 students with backpacks, school supplies and other resources through School Tools.
- Brightening the holidays for nearly 600 local students through Project Joy.
Today, more than 63,000 people are living in poverty in Greenville County, with many thousands more just an unexpected expense or life event away. Your support is an investment in our work to improve education, increase financial stability, and build a vibrant and equitable community for all.
Thank you for believing in United Way and supporting our work. We look forward to continuing to change lives in Greenville County in 2023.